Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Self Reflection What you'll wish you'd known

I've recently read the article called What you'll wish you'd known. I understand where the guy is coming from. He is exactly right about when people ask what you plan on doing in life just to start a conversation. That has happen to me a lot. Its weird in one of his paragraph he states that its a bad way to say don't give up on your dreams. In the first couple of paragraph I understand that what he trying to say is that there is no easy way to tell you about your plans in life. That sometimes the way people word there words may be offended or just stupid about what they say. Like in one of his paragraph he says if a 4ft man wants to be in the NBA he would feel stupid telling him you can do anything if you really try. The better way to say something to someone is whatever someone else can do you can to. Then ask what are your abilities and what are there abilities. What someone else with your abilities you can do to.

As for me I realized that it is my last year of high school and im decided and undecided at the same time. So I wish someone would give me a hint on what I should do. My first option is going to school for my RN. Then I realized that I don't want to go to school for very long, so going for my RN would be the best part for me. Then I notice that I wasn't very good in science and thats what you need for all the classes. My scond option was not as good as my first option. It was to be a hair cutter just because you don't have to go to school very long. I think the longest you have to go for is 6 months to year. Then I realized that how am I going to make a living on cutting hair. I'm better off with the RN, but that takes two years worth of schooling.

I've had a lot of people ask me what I wanted to do in life and I told them it was the RN. They all told me that was a good choice. After a while my grandma and my mom both were in the hospital for some time and i ask the nurses about there jobs. They told me it was a lot of work to be done but it is worth it. Also they said if I was to be an RN then I would always have a job no matter where I lived. I told them that I didn't want to be in school for no more then two years, but one of the process to becoming an RN takes three years. So I wish I'd known what i wanted to become a lot earlier then I did now. That way I wouldn't be all worried about how my life would turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment